HELP YOUR CHILD
Child Sexual Abuse / Molestation
Child sexual abuse or child molestation is a worldwide problem occurring in many families. Child sexual abuse victims include infants, children and teens. Often, victims do not tell family members due to shame or fear of being exposed. In some cases, they were ignored even if they expressed themselves.
WHO AND WHERE
- Family members – fathers, step fathers, brothers
- Relatives - uncles, cousins, grand parents.
- Neighbors – older men, teenagers
- Sleepovers - girls molest other girls and boys other boys, Boys and elders molest girls.
- Cell groups - when adults are in prayer and their children are left alone to play in the basement or other places.
- Home – when children are left alone with babysitters
- Schools, boarding schools - teachers, students in bathrooms (recent news reports in California Schools)
- I, personally, have heard many real time stories of how children are being abused mentally, physically, and sexually here in the USA and in different parts of the world.
- A mother was at work while her child was playing with a teenager outside. The child was molested by the teen in a car.
- In another incident, there was a step father who was raising two of his biological daughters and a step daughter. He would rape the girls often. A neighbor observed this and told the mother what was happening. Consequently, the mother took the children and left him. In some cases, mothers do not respond in the same way and may ignore the situation, leaving the child to suffer.
- Many fathers sexually abuse their children because they were abused when they were a child. Please watch the video in the link below.
Please read this real story according to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children website
Varied behaviors in sexual harassment
1. Showing special attention to a child.
2. Trying to be alone with a child
3. Bribing with toys, ice-cream, video games, and cell phones.
4. Showing inappropriate pictures, videos or movies
5. Making sexual jokes
6. Using flattery
In some cultures, hugging and kissing children is common but look for red flags. If a child is not comfortable with a person please do not allow the child to be alone with them. Always pay attention to a child’s feelings and be around them. Parents are supposed to protect their children until they are on their own.
This toxic touch impacts child’s thought life and future behavior.
Can we solve this problem? YES
Teach children from a young age (3 and above) about the safety of their body and explain to them what is a good touch or a bad touch. Parents are the first to teach children, along with churches and schools. Its very important to talk to children about this awareness often. Please check the videos at the end.
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3
Warning signs of child sexual abuse/molested
- Fear, withdrawn, depressed, anxious, anger, guilt, shame
- Eating disorders, preoccupation with body.
- Vomiting, bowel problems
- Sleep disturbance, fear of bedtime, nightmares, bedwetting.
- Poor self-image, poor self-care, lack of confidence
- Sudden absenteeism, decline in school performance
- Suicide attempts
- Sexual acting out, excessive masturbation
- Uncomfortable while sitting, walking.
How to help the victim/child?
- Listen to the child carefully, do not judge or overreact
- Assure them it is not their fault.
- Report the incident to the child welfare department or police
- Children need family care and love
- It’s a process of healing emotionally and physically
- Pray over the child everyday; Encourage child to talk to Jesus everyday & help them to meditate bible scriptures & to sing songs to Lord.
How Prayer Affects the Brain
Please check out Dr. Caroline Leaf, a brain scientist. She has plenty of amazing things to say on this subject! Here are a few short pieces from an article she wrote on how prayer affects the brain:
“Prayer '.keeps our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus' (Philippians 4:7)... It has been found that 12 minutes of daily focused prayer over an 8 week period can change the brain to such an extent that it can be measured on a brain scan. This type of prayer seems to increase activity in brain areas associated with social interaction compassion and sensitivity to others… Therefore, even though toxic thought can cause brain damage, prayer can reverse that damage and cause the brain and body to thrive.”
Check out the whole article at the link below…
For more information about Dr. Caroline Leaf and her work…
1. Preventing Child Abuse:
2. Good Touch or Bad Touch
3. Stranger Danger
4. Stranger Danger
You and your family are precious to God to us and to the Nation.